A journey of a thousand miles begins with a fabulous pair of shoes. Quite right. A good pair of shoes can take you places. In addition to boosting one’s confidence, shoes can add that oomph to the overall appearance. It’s like a cherry on your sundae, the dressing to your salad, and the smoke to your high! Shoes shoes everywhere!!! Really! With the dynamic nature of fashion, new styles come in trend almost every day, and shoes are no exception. There are wedges, stilettos, sandals, flip-flops, kitos and much much more. As a rule of thumb “number of choices increases the amount of confusion”. So to assist beauties like you, here is a list of must-have shoes every fashionista must own, a hand-picked list by My Style Authority.
A Woman With Good Shoes Is Never Ugly
You cannot undermine the power of a pair of good shoes! In fact, shoes are the first thing that people notice about you! It makes all the difference in the world to the outfit that one wears. Now that the importance of shoes has been highlighted, let's look into a few magic pairs; which can make you look like a natural fashionista no matter the occasion.
1. Ballet Flats: Heels are love! But, if you happen to love your feet more go for ballet flats! These pairs are like the magic ingredients to every potion. Just slide on a pair and add a bit of a chic Parisian flair to your daily denim or regular dresses. It’s a must to have a pair of black flats since they team up with almost anything under the sun. They are light, comfortable and make long walks actually romantic. No more walking like a newborn calf on your first date! In addition to that, get your hands on a pair of nude flats (they help elongate your legs). The fun part of these shoes are the choices that it presents! They are available in diverse materials, pop colors and funky styles. So grab a pair and let the fun begin!
2. Sandals:?Flip flops are a close relative of sandals, the perfect beachwear and can be worn to a few other places. But they are too casual and thus are avoided on multiple occasions. For such occasions sandals can be your Fairy Godmother! Slip on a geometric print maxi dress and a pair of tan leather sandals and become a head turner, just casually.
3. Wedges: Style rages on a pair of smart wedges! Wedges not only look hot, but they are also quite comfortable! So you can now dance around in a party and not become bedridden the following day!!! They make the perfect shoes for the summer months. What better way to show off your pedicured nails?! They are perfect to be teamed up with party dresses, denim, shorts, maxi dresses, or anything! Just name it!
4. Retro Pumps: LBP=LBD. Now, this is a very serious “fashion equation” and it MUST be remembered by all. A little black pump is inversely proportional to a little black dress. One is incomplete without the other. A polished pair of pumps will never let you down. Black pumps add an instant sophistication to almost any outfit. From casual to a party, from client meetings, or to an evening gathering; a pair of black pumps always comes handy. Nude pumps too add a chic look to daily wears. Team it up with jeans, shorts, skirts and add an instant glam to your look. P.S it’s a must have in your closet.
5. Oxfords: If sneakers are not your style, then get your hands on a pair of smart Oxfords. They add a vintage look to mid-length dresses and skirts making it a perfect pair for evening parties, hi-tea gatherings and Sunday brunches.
6. Riding Boots: Say Hello to riding boots! They make everyone look Hot! Hands down! Just team a pair of riding boots with a pair of denim jeans and a white tee. Throw on a sexy leather jacket and you are good to go! They instantly add a “don’t mess with me” statement. So if you want to keep it hot and yet play cool get a pair of black riding boots, or maybe a chestnut one. Or maybe both!!!
7. Statement Pair of Shoes: These are the “happy shoes” which add a statement to your outfit, explaining its name! These shoes are capable of transforming an otherwise boring dress. They will perhaps not team up with everything you own, but that is exactly the point. It can be a floral printed shoe, a blinding neon, a pair of animal prints or anything else for those days; when your spirit requires a boost.
8. Ankle Length Booties: These give you that much sought after rockstar look! These can be teamed with almost anything; except formal wear. Its versatile usage thus makes it a wardrobe staple! However it is important to know how to style them which becomes the tricky part. The length of the clothing must be considered before teaming it up with ankle length boots.
9. Metallic Heels: Want to set yourself apart from the rest in a party or a gathering? It’s simple, put on a pair of metallic heels and the rest will take care of itself. Be it a girl’s night out, or a big event, a pair of “meta heels” will do just fine! Since shimmers are in this season try to get your hands on shiny metallic pairs in gold, rose gold, silver, chrome, or green.
10. Sneakers: How can sneakers be left out when “must have shoes” are being discussed? A pair of sneakers is the second best friend of a girl after diamond! Maybe she can still do without a diamond but not sneakers! Never sneakers! From hitting the gym to walking the dog, a pair of sneakers is a must have for every girl. Sneakers can be teamed with almost anything, you don’t have to worry about how you are looking since sneakers make everything look hot!
So here you go ladies! Make sure you have at least a few of these shoes in your closet. Remember, life is too short to wear boring shoes.